ALL LOT OWNERS AND OCCUPANTS OF PONDERSOSA LAKE ESTATES SUBDIVISION ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PONDEROSA IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS AND THERE SHALL BE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UPON THE OWNERS, SUBDIVIDERS, OR HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION. THE USE OF THE PONDEROSA LAKE BY ANY LOT OWNER AND THEIR GUEST(S), SHALL BE AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE OWNER AND GUEST(S) OF THE OWNER.
REMINDER: EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW NEBRASKA BOATING REGULATIONS AND HAVE PONDEROSA LAKE BOAT STICKERS ON ALL BOATS USED IN THE LAKE.
Download PDF version below:
1. Nebraska Boating Rules Apply. This includes use of life jackets, sailboat right of way, and orange flag use when skiers are down.
2. All boats must be Ponderosa Lake registered. No jet skis or jet boats are allowed. Only those boats owned and licensed by Ponderosa home and lot owners who own a home/lot on lakefront property and “Estate” properties (30, 64, 66, & 72 Ponderosa Drive) are allowed on the lake. Boat stickers may be obtained from Justin Johnson.
3. All boat travel on Ponderosa Lake is counter clockwise. Only two boats are allowed to pull skiers or tubers on the lake at one time. The waiting area for skiing is Baldwin’s boat dock area. (Southwest corner of lake). If there are already two (2) boats on the lake go to this area and wait your turn.
4. When more than two (2) boats are using the lake, please allow everyone equal time. The boat that is pulling skiers should allow his skier to ski until they are tired, then pull off and allow another boat and skier to take their turn. Common sense in this area is needed. If you have skied 15 to 20 minutes, please pull off and let others take their turn. If we follow these simple rules, everyone should have a chance to ski.
5. IF THERE ARE SKI BOATS ON THE LAKE, PLEASE DO NOT USE A RAFT, FLOATING DEVICE, OR SLOW MOVING VESSEL (KAYAK, PADDLEBOAT) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE. Stay along the edges until there are no fast moving boats on the lake.
6. When operating your boat stay clear of the “Float Pump” when it is on the lake. It will be located in the Southeast corner of the lake near the back entrance to Ponderosa. We don’t want anyone getting hurt or tangled in the pump.
7. Boats pulling skiers must keep at least 30 yards away from docks and shorelines. This is for the safety of the skiers and to help minimize the wake that can wash beaches away and damage retaining walls.
8. Be conscious of noise during ski hours AND no wake hours.
BOATING HOURS: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
NO WAKE HOURS: 8:00 PM - 10:00 AM
9. Maximum speed on the lake is 35 MPH.
10. Boats not owned by Lake Lot or Estate Lot property owners cannot be used on the lake. Boats owned by guests are not permitted on the lake.
Off lake lot owners, while not having boating privileges, are encouraged to use the boat ramp areas for swimming and fishing and use of the gazebo areas for picnics, etc.
11. Ponderosa Lake is not a big lake, but if we all abide with the boating rules, we should be able to ski and boat safely during the summer months. We ask that you use common sense and courtesy on the lake. There are many others besides yourself that use the lake. Safety and liability are major concerns.
12. Other information regarding the use of the lake can be found in the Restrictive Covenants and Conditions for the Ponderosa Estates Homeowners Association.
13. No boat driver from the age of 14 to 16 will be allowed to drive a boat without a parent in the boat supervising them. Any boat driver 18 years of age and under must pass a Nebraska State Boaters Safety Class. (NEBRASKA STATE LAW: As of March 15, 2003, a law was passed that requires any motorboat operator under 16 years of age must complete a Boating Safety Course and be in possession of a course certificate when operating the boat. You must be at least 14 years of age to operate a motorboat in Nebraska.)
14. All boat drivers from age 18 and under are on probation and any lake infractions are cause for the Ponderosa Board of Directors to suspend those individuals driving privileges on Ponderosa Lake.
15. If required by Nebraska Boating Regulations, a Boating Safetly Course must be completed and a copy of the certificate provided to the Board.
Boat Sizes and Horsepower Guidelines
1. Pontoon Boat: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of not more than 22 feet with a maximum of 115 horsepower.
2. Inboard Ski Boats: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of not more than 22 feet, not including the swim platform with a maximum of 300 horsepower.
3. Inboard/Outboard Ski Boats: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of not more than 22 feet, not including swim platform with a maximum of 260 horsepower.
4. Deck Boats: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of not more than 22 feet, not including swim platform with a maximum of 260 horsepower.
5. Outboard Boats: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of not more than 22 feet, not including swim platform with a maximum of 300 horsepower.
6. Sailboats: Maximum advertised manufacturer's length of 16 feet.
7. Ballast Boats: No use of the ballasts because of damage to other properties.